How often do you write it and in what environment?
I’d like to start writing for at least 2-3 hours a day, maybe up to 5 hours, if I’m lucky enough… I probably won’t get that much, though -__-^ I’d have to write in an environment with the following requirements:
• little to no distraction, or anticipation of distractions/errands
• able to play music loudly (music MUST be playing)
• free time/no responsibilities
• comfortable working area
• food + water
• internet access that isn’t shitty
That’s usually if I’m at my laptop, which is where I’d be primarily working. If I’m on-the-go (which I normally am), then I’d probably just be typing on my phone with any of the following apps (for both writing and reference):
• Notes, gChrome [browser], gDrive, gTranslate, Wikipedia, and also making sure my phone’s keyboard can support the Icelandic alphabet (it can, but it doesn’t always sync over properly -w-)
• Music, 8tracks, iHeartRadio
• A Novel Idea
[story plotting, character profiles, locations, etc]
[another writing app, more simpler than Werdsmith]
[another gr8 note app]
[to-do list; helps with getting stuff done]
I actually find this to be pretty funny… smartphones play a big part in our world nowadays, and in Dick & Jane
, this is no exception! So of course, Guðrún and Richard have fancy apps on their phones for art/photography (instagram, camera awesome
, LINE brush
) and writing/note-taking, respectively (Guðrún would probably also have a few outdoorsy/nature apps, like Geocaching
, or AllTrails
).The way I see it, one can use a touchscreen device as a sort of modern way to literally
draw protection for themselves. For example:
Protection against vampires!
Protection against the evil eye!
Protection against MRAs!
This is an Icelandic stave! Guðrún will probably use a few of these. This particular one is “Rosahringur minni”, a circle of protection.